- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV
- Transcripts from prior institutions
Step 1: Complete the University of Florida Application for Graduate Admissions
- Keep the username and password that you create in order to log in and edit your application before submission.
- Do not leave the self-reported GPA field empty.
- The non-refundable fee must be paid in order to submit a completed application.
- The Statement of Purpose should be submitted in SOPHAS only. Therefore, when prompted to enter your Statement of Purpose on the UF application, please enter “Submitted in SOPHAS.”
- Arrange to have official transcripts from each previous higher education institution attended (other than University of Florida) sent to the UF Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Attention international applicants: If official transcripts are not in English, an exact translation is required in addition to the official transcript. International students are also required to submit an official copy of their degree certificate(s). Submit official TOEFL (code 5812), IELTS or MELAB scores to the UF Office of Graduate Admissions.
UF applications mailing address:
UF Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Florida
P.O. Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611
Step 2: Submit an online application to the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS)
- Arrange to have three letters of recommendation submitted.
- Submit your professional Statement of Purpose outlining objectives that match the philosophy and focus of the program.
- Submit a resume or curriculum vitae (CV).
SOPHAS mailing address:
P.O. Box 9111
Watertown, MA 02471
For overnight delivery only:
c/o Liaison International
311 Arsenal Street
Watertown, MA 02472
Each Ph.D. faculty member evaluates and ranks the applicants. Each evaluation focuses on academic achievement and the applicant’s overall potential for success. The application packets of students will be reviewed during the monthly faculty meeting. Following the review, a decision will be made on each applicant.
Admitted students will receive a letter of offer detailing financial assistance and responsibilities on or after April 15.